Thursday, September 17, 2009

We, the People.

There should be a pledge of allegiance to the Constitution.


For all who are not aware, today is Constitution Day. September 17, 1787. Congratulations to us for having it. Congratulations to the Constitution for lasting this long. Furthermore, there is a pretty neat website for any who are interested in reading the Constitution, watching a video, or even doing an interactive game called, "Which Founder are You?" I am George Washington, by the way. I always knew that Old Georgie and I had a lot in common. You can go to the website by going here.

At this time I would personally like to thank our Founding Fathers for all that they did in sacrificing their time, energy, and talents to creating one of the greatest governmental documents ever written. Hopefully, others will take some time to think for a moment about life without the U.S. Constitution.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I can definitely see the resemblance between you and G. Dubb. You both have white hair, you both never lie...

Karie said...

Funny thing - you walk into our house and right there in the living room is a picture of George W - praying no less.

I love the constitution. We have a whole bunch of politicians trying (and succeeding) to side step it.