Tuesday, January 27, 2009

People get ready....There's a train a-comin'

For some reason this song has been stuck in my head for days. The Eva Cassidy version of course. Here's a link for ya'll. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKqtdNxOs00

I thought I might update you on what's going on...

The past few days I have been involving myself in all forms of entertainment. The first book I read was the C.S. Lewis classic - The Horse and His Boy. This is in the Chronicles of Narnia series and is the third book when Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy are still in Narnia in between The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and Prince Caspian. However, it's not really about Peter, Susan, Edmund, or Lucy...It's mostly about some horse and his boy. I did enjoy it. I'm wondering if it will be made into a movie later. I doubt it. The next book I read was Prince Caspian. Not at all like the movie. People say that they combined books for this one. This is a myth and do not believe them. I also read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. This is the book after Prince Caspian and has probably been my favorite out of the series. I can't really see them making this into a movie (or doing it accurately anyway).


I also read the book "I Have a Dream" on Martin Luther King, Jr. day. Lorie's mom gave it to me for Christmas! Thank you so much...it was great! I learned that when Martin was having a very rough time deciding whether he should be the President of a commitee and thought that it was almost unbearable because of the persecution. He prayed to know what he should do and the Lord's voice came to him and said that he would support him in all of his work. MLK inspires me.


Lorie and I have also been searching for movies to watch. Thank goodness for free online movies. We have watched a few, including Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, Forrest Gump, the new Office episodes, and Alvin and the Chipmunks. I loved Alvin and the Chipmunks...I thought it was hilarious! It reminds me of the chipmunk adventure movie where they ride hot air balloons vs. the girl chipmunks. But this one was good because the chipmunks sing modern songs. We also watched the Spiderwick Chronicles which I thought was just ok.


Lorie and I have also realized that our Ipods have games. So we play Solitaire all the time. That game is so addictive. (and it's almost impossible to beat on an ipod.)

We still haven't gotten the computers for the center... =( so we are just waiting on those to get the stuff we need to finished. The good news is that I got to go out with the missionaries tonight and help them teach! That was fun and I really miss it. Also, teaching in English is a whole new ballgame!

2 comments:

Karie said...

Hopefully this is the lull before the storm - a good kind of storm where you're busy at the center all the time. At least you're with you best friend.

MaryLou said...

Thank you for updating us Siskel & Ebert. We can't wait to find out what your next picks are!